Thursday, March 4, 2010

Peculiar.....

I know that a million cool things occur every second of every day in this city, it is New York afterall.   Most of the time we don't even have one second to observe our surroundings or think twice about small occurences that are actually really important to our existance in this TYRANNOSAURUS REX of a city.

Well anyway....something really fucking cool happened to me today.  Let me give you a little background information.  About six months ago I was in the Bank of America at Astor Place, probably pissed that I was dishing out hundreds to pay my rent, and a man came up to me and said "are you a natural redhead?" in a very sincere voice and mannor.  I looked over and it was a short 56-ish year old fellow, i'll say fellow and not a guy because he was a fellow, named Abe.  He proceeded to ask me my name and what I do and tell me a lot about himself and ask me to have a cup of coffee with him and ask me if he could give me his phone number.  I was a little puzzled but I took his number and never looked back at the odd experience until today.....

TODAY I was at the corner, walking to the train, at Astor Place and a man came up to me and said "are you a natural redhead?" in a very sincere voice and mannor.  I looked over and it was a short 56-ish year old fellow, i'll say fellow and not a guy because he was a fellow, named Abe.  He proceeded to ask me my name and what I do and tell me a lot about himself and ask me to have a cup of coffee with him and ask me if he could give me his phone number.

I didn't tell him that we already met or that I actually had HIS PHONE NUMBER stored in my phone.  1. Because I wasn't sure if I was going crazy, and 2. I dont know, just because.  Needless to say, I will probably never forget this and I hope that in another six months I hear the same question and I look over and see Abe.

No comments:

Post a Comment